Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HW 35: Hello to My Readers

Dear Readers,

It is hard to believe but I started this blog over 13 weeks ago! I have learned how to make a blogger account and create posts on blogger.com. I have maintained regular posts for homework assignments for my Thinking and Writing class; "A Blog of One's Own." In specific posts I was asked to supplement my writing with quotes from the text that I would be reading for class. I properly used a quote and then cited it using MLA style citation. I also learned how to add links to my blog that included my pod mate's blogs and three other blogs that were relevant to the class. I learned of the different features to use when making a post like spell check and manipulating text. In my blog page, I discovered the archives so I could view old blogs that were organized by the months of the year. If someone could learn something from my blog, it would be about Riverbend's novel "Baghdad Burning." In this book, the truth about what is going on in Iraq today is explained from an Iraqi's point of view. I think it is important to understand other countries especially one like Iraq because it is such a huge part of what is going on in the world today. My favorite blog post is my letter to Riverbend from "Baghdad Burning." I had the chance to tell Riverbend how I really felt about the events in Iraq due to the United States occupation and even though she will never read it, I think Riverbend would have appreciated it. When my blog class ends, I plan on saving my blog for historical purposes and maybe I'll show it off to my friends and family since I have written so much on it! I think that everyone should try writing a blog for whatever reason they see fit, if it is for political reasons, a class or for personal interests. Also, if everyone could take the time to read a few blogs, it might brighten horizons and views about whatever the topic is. Cleary blogs are a large part of the world today and they are growing in popularity every minute.

1 comment: